Understanding analytics is an important skill for journalists working in the digital media landscape today.
If part of your role in the newsroom is to share the latest metrics with your team, you may have noticed a few journalists might not be so enthusiastic about looking over the numbers.
This post by Liam Corcoran of NewsWhip, published on MediaShift, explains how to better share analytics in the newsroom, outlining five steps you should take to make sure that the numbers you are communicating are not only better understood by your team but also relevant to their workflows.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out this advice for getting started with 360-degree video
- Tip: Remember these pointers for building communities using Facebook groups
- Tip: Recommendations for working with inconsistent data
- Tip: Advice for making events a part of your newsroom's engagement strategy
- Tip: How to tell stories using small data sets