Understanding analytics is an important skill for journalists working in the digital media landscape today.
If part of your role in the newsroom is to share the latest metrics with your team, you may have noticed a few journalists might not be so enthusiastic about looking over the numbers.
This post by Liam Corcoran of NewsWhip, published on MediaShift, explains how to better share analytics in the newsroom, outlining five steps you should take to make sure that the numbers you are communicating are not only better understood by your team but also relevant to their workflows.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark these tools to save your digital work
- Tip: Take note of this advice for investigating large data leaks
- Tip: Use this card game to plan which storytelling elements your project should include
- Tip: Check out this advice for editing Instagram images within the app
- Tip: Here are seven questions to ask before choosing comics journalism as a format for your story