Understanding analytics is an important skill for journalists working in the digital media landscape today.
If part of your role in the newsroom is to share the latest metrics with your team, you may have noticed a few journalists might not be so enthusiastic about looking over the numbers.
This post by Liam Corcoran of NewsWhip, published on MediaShift, explains how to better share analytics in the newsroom, outlining five steps you should take to make sure that the numbers you are communicating are not only better understood by your team but also relevant to their workflows.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom
- Tip: Bookmark these tools for collaborating on investigative projects