Many of the main job titles in digital journalism are found across newsrooms, yet they don't have to mean the same thing – they can also be tailored to an organisation's needs, as well as staff members' interests and qualifications.
In a three-part series on the OpenNews Source website, various people who work "specialised news-nerd job titles" describe what they do on a daily basis and how they explain their job titles to people outside the fields of journalism and technology.
The interviews, which look at roles such as community manager, database editor and associate news apps developer among others, can also be handy if your organisation is hiring and thinking of what the job specifications should be.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom
- Tip: Bookmark these tools for collaborating on investigative projects