Many now rely on their smartphone to broadcast live on location, file copy or record and edit video and audio. So what can be done to ensure your battery lasts for longer than just a couple of hours?
Brian X. Chen, technology writer at The New York Times, has put together a list of things you can do to extend your battery's life.
He also points out some of the myths surrounding smartphones – closing apps you are no longer using, but that are still in the background of your phone, might actually have the opposite effect to saving battery.
Instead, Chen recommends using auto-brightness for your mobile device's screen, turning off wireless when the reception is poor and disabling unnecessary location tracking.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- No filter: The importance of light when you're taking photos with your smartphone
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom