Many now rely on their smartphone to broadcast live on location, file copy or record and edit video and audio. So what can be done to ensure your battery lasts for longer than just a couple of hours?
Brian X. Chen, technology writer at The New York Times, has put together a list of things you can do to extend your battery's life.
He also points out some of the myths surrounding smartphones – closing apps you are no longer using, but that are still in the background of your phone, might actually have the opposite effect to saving battery.
Instead, Chen recommends using auto-brightness for your mobile device's screen, turning off wireless when the reception is poor and disabling unnecessary location tracking.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Advice for journalists using Instagram Stories
- Tip: Take note of this advice for collaborating on data journalism projects
- Tip: Bookmark these recommendations for creating 360-degree video
- Tip: How to set up a productive dialogue in a podcast without a host
- Tip: Advice for setting up new products and projects in the newsroom