Many now rely on their smartphone to broadcast live on location, file copy or record and edit video and audio. So what can be done to ensure your battery lasts for longer than just a couple of hours?
Brian X. Chen, technology writer at The New York Times, has put together a list of things you can do to extend your battery's life.
He also points out some of the myths surrounding smartphones – closing apps you are no longer using, but that are still in the background of your phone, might actually have the opposite effect to saving battery.
Instead, Chen recommends using auto-brightness for your mobile device's screen, turning off wireless when the reception is poor and disabling unnecessary location tracking.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: 18 ways to make data visualisations more mobile-friendly
- Tip: Check out this Facebook group connecting freelancers with celebrities and publicists
- Tip: Remember this advice for creating more engaging Instagram posts
- Tip: How to use social media analytics to find new angles on stories
- Tip: Check out this advice for reporting on terrorist attacks