The digital age of journalism has shaped many facets of the industry, and one of those is undoubtedly investigative journalism, as well as the rise of mobile journalism.
However, shooting from your smartphone has its advantages as well as challenges for the journalist tracking down a criminal network.
Here are the top five presentations from the Uncovering Asia conference, where Alexandra Jegers of IJNet rounds up the key components of investigative journalism in the ‘mojo’ era, from podcasts to web-scraping.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out these eight video editing apps
- Tip: Six pieces of honest advice for freelance journalists
- Tip: How to retain subscribers
- Mobile journalism news series 'Phoning It In' proves the art of storytelling does not require a $40,000 camera
- Tip: How to pitch a solutions journalism idea to editors