News organisations are continuing to benefit from using Snapchat's Discover feature, instantly reaching new and existing audiences around the world.
In this article, Mignon Fogarty, the podcaster known as Grammar Girl, gives her advice to MediaShift on how to effectively use Snapchat to capture the attention of an audience.
Fogarty highlights two key tech points. Firstly, she states the importance of using a microphone and a shutter remote, which can make Snapping easier when you’re producing stories alone.
Secondly, she mentions how to encourage feedback from viewers, and choose the most helpful friend and privacy settings for your account's organisation.
Free daily newsletter
- A decade on from the Arab Spring: ten ways use of social media has changed in the Middle East
- "TikTok does not have the same environment for media partners as Snapchat"
- Tip: Make covid-19 data more accessible to readers
- 10 tips for introducing mobile journalism into local newsrooms
- 'Reality is the new quality' for reporting with mobile journalism