News organisations are continuing to benefit from using Snapchat's Discover feature, instantly reaching new and existing audiences around the world.
In this article, Mignon Fogarty, the podcaster known as Grammar Girl, gives her advice to MediaShift on how to effectively use Snapchat to capture the attention of an audience.
Fogarty highlights two key tech points. Firstly, she states the importance of using a microphone and a shutter remote, which can make Snapping easier when you’re producing stories alone.
Secondly, she mentions how to encourage feedback from viewers, and choose the most helpful friend and privacy settings for your account's organisation.
Free daily newsletter
- 'Respect your heritage, retain the DNA, but always evolve' – creating a transformational culture at Vogue International
- What place does Snapchat have in the newsroom as a tool for breaking news?
- Mic uses ‘selfie-style’ video to engage audiences on Snapchat Discover
- The Economist experiments with tabletop AR to explore the future of food
- Tip: How to report on online communities