Credit: Thought Catalog
If you are like the many journalists impacted by job layoffs throughout the coronavirus pandemic, it is understandable to feel helpless or disheartened in this situation.
To help you get back on your feet, Stéphanie Fillion, journalist for International Journalism Network has compiled a list of helpful tips for journalists who have lost their jobs.
For example, there is nothing stopping you from submitting your work for journalism prizes. In fact, that may give you the confidence and recognition you need right now.
"Many people apply and competition is fierce, but this transition period is the perfect opportunity to get it done," it reads.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to report on online hate groups safely
- A future in journalism: four ways to gain work experience during the coronavirus pandemic
- Tip: How to start building your journalistic career during the covid-19 pandemic
- Tip: Free resources to help your newsroom cover the coronavirus
- Tip: How to manage digital overload in the newsroom