Last month, public figures such as Elon Musk and Barack Obama were victims of a high-profile Twitter hacking, reminding us of the importance of having protected social media accounts.
To help you safeguard your organisation’s online reputation as well as your own, digital skills and marketing specialist Claire Turner has outlined 10 ways to keep social media accounts safe in this article for Helpful Digital.
Her suggestions range from using two-factor authentication and a password manager to tips on how to set strong passwords without getting locked out of accounts.
Looking for a job in the media? Subscribe to our daily newsletter and keep an eye on our jobs board for the latest announcements.
Free daily newsletter
- Amanpour: 'authoritarianism is creeping westward where it has no business belonging'
- Julie Posetti: post-pandemic journalism will be 'more mission-driven, public service-focused, and audience-centred'
- Tip: Four mental health strategies for student newsrooms
- Tip: Make the most of your work experience
- Tip: How to recognise misinformation online