This checklist from Martha Kang on MediaShift can help you illustrate information correctly and to make sure you're highlighting the right relationship between different data sets.
She recommends choosing the right chart type for your data, even if it's not your preferred one; using colour in a sequential, diverging or categorical way according to the values you're showing; and avoiding excessively highlighting things that shouldn't grab readers' attention first.
Free daily newsletter
- 5 ways data journalism became more innovative in the past few years
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom