Your organisation is probably not making the most of email newsletters, both as a way to engage readers with recently published stories and as a way to raise funding for non-profit work or monetising existing products.
To help non-profits refresh their email newsletter campaigning, Emily Roseman, research coordinator for the Single Subject News Project at the Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy, shared six lessons for growth in this Medium post.
Roseman explains that using email is in equal parts an editorial practice as it is a commercial or technological one. Another advantage to investing in email campaigns is the control publishers can retain over them, as opposed to the more volatile ecosystems on social networks.
Free daily newsletter
- The on-demand audio revolution gathers pace
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom