Putting together a virtual reality story involves a lot more variables than a traditional video package.
For one, viewers can see all around the camera, so how do you ensure the content is interesting in all directions?
Zahra Rasool, the editorial lead for Contrast VR, shared some advice and techniques in this article published by MediaShift.
The method of storyboarding Rasool chose for virtual reality can help reporters identify if the story they are working on is indeed suited to a report in 360-degrees.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out these recommendations for collaborating on projects
- Tip: Advice for transitioning from print to audio reporting
- Tip: Remember these guidelines when applying for a job in journalism
- Tip: Refresh your social media strategy with this advice
- Tip: Open this data journalism advent calendar throughout December