Putting together a virtual reality story involves a lot more variables than a traditional video package.
For one, viewers can see all around the camera, so how do you ensure the content is interesting in all directions?
Zahra Rasool, the editorial lead for Contrast VR, shared some advice and techniques in this article published by MediaShift.
The method of storyboarding Rasool chose for virtual reality can help reporters identify if the story they are working on is indeed suited to a report in 360-degrees.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Here’s how to better share analytics with your team
- Tip: Check out these free tools for mobile audio
- Tip: How to adapt large journalism projects for small newsrooms
- Tip: Check out these multimedia resources from the ONA17 conference
- Al Jazeera's latest virtual reality project immerses viewers with animated art