Putting together a virtual reality story involves a lot more variables than a traditional video package.
For one, viewers can see all around the camera, so how do you ensure the content is interesting in all directions?
Zahra Rasool, the editorial lead for Contrast VR, shared some advice and techniques in this article published by MediaShift.
The method of storyboarding Rasool chose for virtual reality can help reporters identify if the story they are working on is indeed suited to a report in 360-degrees.
Free daily newsletter
- '20xx: The year of VR?': Why publishers should still pay attention to 360-degree video
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom