Putting together a virtual reality story involves a lot more variables than a traditional video package.
For one, viewers can see all around the camera, so how do you ensure the content is interesting in all directions?
Zahra Rasool, the editorial lead for Contrast VR, shared some advice and techniques in this article published by MediaShift.
The method of storyboarding Rasool chose for virtual reality can help reporters identify if the story they are working on is indeed suited to a report in 360-degrees.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out this advice for getting started with 360-degree video
- Tip: Remember these pointers for building communities using Facebook groups
- BBC's VR Hub launches its first news documentary to explore the water politics of the river Nile
- Tip: Recommendations for working with inconsistent data
- Tip: Advice for making events a part of your newsroom's engagement strategy