It was only a few months that the UK was experiencing fuel supply shortages and news websites were all over the story. Now, as Black Friday, Cyber Monday and the end-of-year holidays approach, and the added disruptions of the pandemic, there are potentially similar stories to come about stores running low on supplies.
It recommends using data to explore trends, but above all else, look for silver linings in your stories too.
“Just because you can’t get the gift that’s hard to get doesn’t mean you can’t get something good from your local community and support small businesses,” the article reads.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How UK freelance journalists can use ALCS to earn more money from their work
- Tip : Incorporate solutions journalism in your reporting
- Tip: Freelancer’s guide to battling mis- and disinformation in the news
- Tip: Recruit the best social media editor for your team
- Tip: Leadership advice for women in investigative journalism