Journalists walk a fine line when it comes to honouring off-the-record agreements.
Keeping your word is obviously paramount to maintaining trust but sometimes the reverse can be true too.
“It’s a good reminder for journalists everywhere that while off-record-promises are critical to our credibility, they are not sacrosanct,” she writes.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Looking to teach journalism online? Check out this advice
- Tip: Speed up your workflow with the ultimate cheatsheet for Wordpress keyboard shortcuts
- Tip: Use this advice for interviewing children
- Tip: how to correctly report on hurricanes
- Tip: Check out this advice for launching a Wordpress blog