Blogs are a good string to your bow as a journalist – not only can they it keep your creative mind ticking out of the newsroom, they are a great way to showcase your wider interests and other projects you are working on, and keep on top of your writing skills while you are at it.
With many blog platforms available, it is hard to know which to pick, but Wordpress is a popular choice for many.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Take note of these digital security tips every journalist needs to know
- Tip: Get to grips with bots, botnets and trolls
- Tip: Six questions to ask (and answer) before launching a membership programme
- Tip: How to report on mass shootings
- Seven tips for better reporting on opinion polls and surveys