The Wall Street Journal recently took this type of immersive journalism one step further by turning Nasdaq Dot Com boom and bust data into a roller coaster.
In this Storybench post, Roger Kenny, one of The Journal's interactive designers who worked on the Nasdaq project, put together a simple guide for creating a VR data visualisation.
He explains the process step-by-step, from first creating a chart to turning it into a VR experience, and offering some further suggestions of charts that can be made interactive and engaging with VR.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom
- Developing a sense of togetherness: Tips for tackling sexual harassment in the newsroom