The Wall Street Journal recently took this type of immersive journalism one step further by turning Nasdaq Dot Com boom and bust data into a roller coaster.
In this Storybench post, Roger Kenny, one of The Journal's interactive designers who worked on the Nasdaq project, put together a simple guide for creating a VR data visualisation.
He explains the process step-by-step, from first creating a chart to turning it into a VR experience, and offering some further suggestions of charts that can be made interactive and engaging with VR.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: 12 tools for reporting on hurricanes and other disasters
- Tip: Looking to teach journalism online? Check out this advice
- Tip: Speed up your workflow with the ultimate cheatsheet for Wordpress keyboard shortcuts
- Tip: Use this advice for interviewing children
- Tip: how to correctly report on hurricanes