The Wall Street Journal recently took this type of immersive journalism one step further by turning Nasdaq Dot Com boom and bust data into a roller coaster.
In this Storybench post, Roger Kenny, one of The Journal's interactive designers who worked on the Nasdaq project, put together a simple guide for creating a VR data visualisation.
He explains the process step-by-step, from first creating a chart to turning it into a VR experience, and offering some further suggestions of charts that can be made interactive and engaging with VR.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Use backwatching to safely perform walking shots
- Tip: How to use structured journalism to cover developing stories
- Tip: How to launch your journalism startup successfully
- Tip: Try these 9 types of mobile visual storytelling
- Tip: How to add copyright-free images to your Wordpress site with the photo library feature