The Wall Street Journal recently took this type of immersive journalism one step further by turning Nasdaq Dot Com boom and bust data into a roller coaster.
In this Storybench post, Roger Kenny, one of The Journal's interactive designers who worked on the Nasdaq project, put together a simple guide for creating a VR data visualisation.
He explains the process step-by-step, from first creating a chart to turning it into a VR experience, and offering some further suggestions of charts that can be made interactive and engaging with VR.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Use this guide to get started as a freelancer abroad
- Tip: Remember this advice for submitting FOI requests
- Tip: Check out these 8 opportunities for journalists to apply for at the beginning of 2018
- Tip: Here's how to get started with data journalism
- Tip: Bookmark these pitching recommendations for photojournalists