The Wall Street Journal recently took this type of immersive journalism one step further by turning Nasdaq Dot Com boom and bust data into a roller coaster.
In this Storybench post, Roger Kenny, one of The Journal's interactive designers who worked on the Nasdaq project, put together a simple guide for creating a VR data visualisation.
He explains the process step-by-step, from first creating a chart to turning it into a VR experience, and offering some further suggestions of charts that can be made interactive and engaging with VR.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to set up a productive dialogue in a podcast without a host
- Tip: Advice for setting up new products and projects in the newsroom
- Tip: Check out these data and interactive journalism resources from NICAR 2018
- Tip: Bookmark these ways to be diverse and inclusive in your reporting
- Tip: How to get started with data journalism in a small newsroom