Text is not only a useful addition to any video, helping to give audiences more information than the footage and voiceover allows, it is often a necessity when videos are auto-played on social media.
Check out this Wochit article by Jenn Molina and Brendan Lahr, who explain how you can use text to benefit your video content.
"Text-overlay is now as much a part of social video as the moving image," they write, explaining how to use colour, font size, text length and the right wording for a more engaging piece.
"With viewing happening on-the-go more and more, it will continue to be an important element of every video publisher's push out online."
Free daily newsletter
- How The Telegraph is reaching teenagers with news stories on Snapchat Discover
- Tip: A step-by-step guide to creating immersive storytelling experiences
- Tip: How to handle big projects in a small, local newsroom
- Reuters Institute's Digital News Report finds a decline in social media usage for news for the first time in seven years
- 'This is about the death of the newsfeed': Stories may soon become the core of social media