Text is not only a useful addition to any video, helping to give audiences more information than the footage and voiceover allows, it is often a necessity when videos are auto-played on social media.
Check out this Wochit article by Jenn Molina and Brendan Lahr, who explain how you can use text to benefit your video content.
"Text-overlay is now as much a part of social video as the moving image," they write, explaining how to use colour, font size, text length and the right wording for a more engaging piece.
"With viewing happening on-the-go more and more, it will continue to be an important element of every video publisher's push out online."
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom
- How NowThis coordinated social media and field reporting to safely cover a week-long protest
- Advice from Facebook for reaching wider audiences after the latest newsfeed updates