Text is not only a useful addition to any video, helping to give audiences more information than the footage and voiceover allows, it is often a necessity when videos are auto-played on social media.
Check out this Wochit article by Jenn Molina and Brendan Lahr, who explain how you can use text to benefit your video content.
"Text-overlay is now as much a part of social video as the moving image," they write, explaining how to use colour, font size, text length and the right wording for a more engaging piece.
"With viewing happening on-the-go more and more, it will continue to be an important element of every video publisher's push out online."
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to start your own newsletter
- Tip: Try these 10 new investigative tools
- Tip: 12 tools for reporting on hurricanes and other disasters
- Report: Audiences are ditching Facebook for sharing news, favouring the ‘safe space’ of private messaging apps
- Tip: Looking to teach journalism online? Check out this advice