Text is not only a useful addition to any video, helping to give audiences more information than the footage and voiceover allows, it is often a necessity when videos are auto-played on social media.
Check out this Wochit article by Jenn Molina and Brendan Lahr, who explain how you can use text to benefit your video content.
"Text-overlay is now as much a part of social video as the moving image," they write, explaining how to use colour, font size, text length and the right wording for a more engaging piece.
"With viewing happening on-the-go more and more, it will continue to be an important element of every video publisher's push out online."
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Use shadows to determine the time and date a picture was taken
- Tip: Execute your digital transformation
- Tip: Protect your off-the-record information correctly
- Tip: Think twice before taking up that promotion
- BBC News shows that hard-hitting solutions journalism stories can thrive on social media