Capturing the attention of your audience with audio can be challenging, but the most engaging audio storytelling can be a powerful way to connect with audiences.
Check out this this advice from reporters Hebah Fisher and Maeve McClenaghan, who spoke with IJNet about key storytelling skills, from finding the best stories to tell using audio to recording natural narration.
They discuss how to find the right characters for your podcasts, how to develop a narrative story arc, why you need to establish your own narration style, and more.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Looking to teach journalism online? Check out this advice
- Tip: Speed up your workflow with the ultimate cheatsheet for Wordpress keyboard shortcuts
- Tip: Use this advice for interviewing children
- Tip: how to correctly report on hurricanes
- How collaborative podcast The Secret History of the Future aims to bring US audiences to The Economist