Capturing the attention of your audience with audio can be challenging, but the most engaging audio storytelling can be a powerful way to connect with audiences.
Check out this this advice from reporters Hebah Fisher and Maeve McClenaghan, who spoke with IJNet about key storytelling skills, from finding the best stories to tell using audio to recording natural narration.
They discuss how to find the right characters for your podcasts, how to develop a narrative story arc, why you need to establish your own narration style, and more.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Take note of these digital security tips every journalist needs to know
- Tip: Get to grips with bots, botnets and trolls
- Tip: Six questions to ask (and answer) before launching a membership programme
- Tip: How to report on mass shootings
- Seven tips for better reporting on opinion polls and surveys