What needs to be done during the holiday weekdays when the news is slow? You can utilise that time to start an interactive storytelling project or dig up engrossing archive stories to give your audience fresh content.
This article by Ren LaForme talks about interesting ideas one can take up during those slow news days.
One of the things you can try is using your archive content. “There are creative ways to attempt a second take at getting it in front of audiences”, says LaForme.
Interested in analytics for journalists? Come along to our training course on 17 September for specialist training designed to develop your understanding of using analytics for story ideas.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Find the right source with a new tool from Sqoop
- Tip: advice for learning how to fly drones safely
- How to use data.world to collaborate on projects and datasets
- Tip: Advice for planning large editorial projects with fewer resources
- Tip: Check out this advice for capturing better photos with your smartphone