With the coronavirus outbreak causing widespread disruption across the world, uncertainty and the 24-hour news cycle can take its toll even on veteran reporters.
With some countries also introducing measures to encourage people to avoid social contact, it is important to consider your mental health, alongside your physical health.
Experts from Anxiety UK, mental health charity Mind and OCD Action share their tips in this article for the BBC.
The advice includes taking breaks from social media, limiting the amount of time you watch the news coverage, and accessing nature and sunlight wherever possible.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Free tools and content to help you cover the covid-19 pandemic
- Five covid-19 newsletters to subscribe to
- Tip: Adapting university lessons to video conferences
- How to fight mis- and disinformation during the coronavirus crisis
- Google is giving $6.5 million to fact-checkers focusing on coronavirus