With the coronavirus outbreak causing widespread disruption across the world, uncertainty and the 24-hour news cycle can take its toll even on veteran reporters.
With some countries also introducing measures to encourage people to avoid social contact, it is important to consider your mental health, alongside your physical health.
Experts from Anxiety UK, mental health charity Mind and OCD Action share their tips in this article for the BBC.
The advice includes taking breaks from social media, limiting the amount of time you watch the news coverage, and accessing nature and sunlight wherever possible.
Free daily newsletter
- Digital News Report 2020: covid-19 accelerates digital shifts in the media industry
- “Hey Google, tell me something good”
- EJC launches Freelance Journalism Assembly to support the self-employed community
- Can an ‘encyclopaedia of opinions’ help us have healthier conversations?
- Six tips to make your journalism career thrive during and after lockdown