Whether you've just started out in mobile journalism (mojo), or you've been practising the art for a while, check out this article from mojo expert Ivo Burum.
He lists a range of camera hardware, microphones, apps, transfer devices and peripherals for you to try out, and reviews them based on their usefulness out in the field, and popularity with others in the industry.
"Your mojo assignment and story will determine the level of mojo tools you need," he said.
"More than three billion smartphone users use more than six million apps to upload 600 hours of kludge type video every minute. Journalist Charles Feldman called this 24/7 convergent clickstream an “information tsunami.”* *I see it as an opportunity."
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Browse this database to get inspired about editorial collaboration
- 'More views, angles and perspective': Why community journalism may be the future of news
- Tip: Use this guide to get started as a freelancer abroad
- Tip: Remember this advice for submitting FOI requests
- Tip: Check out these 8 opportunities for journalists to apply for at the beginning of 2018