Whether you've just started out in mobile journalism (mojo), or you've been practising the art for a while, check out this article from mojo expert Ivo Burum.
He lists a range of camera hardware, microphones, apps, transfer devices and peripherals for you to try out, and reviews them based on their usefulness out in the field, and popularity with others in the industry.
"Your mojo assignment and story will determine the level of mojo tools you need," he said.
"More than three billion smartphone users use more than six million apps to upload 600 hours of kludge type video every minute. Journalist Charles Feldman called this 24/7 convergent clickstream an “information tsunami.”* *I see it as an opportunity."
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Advice for journalists using Instagram Stories
- Tip: Take note of this advice for collaborating on data journalism projects
- Tip: Bookmark these recommendations for creating 360-degree video
- Tip: How to set up a productive dialogue in a podcast without a host
- Tip: Filming on a smartphone? Here's some key advice from the BBC