Whether you've just started out in mobile journalism (mojo), or you've been practising the art for a while, check out this article from mojo expert Ivo Burum.
He lists a range of camera hardware, microphones, apps, transfer devices and peripherals for you to try out, and reviews them based on their usefulness out in the field, and popularity with others in the industry.
"Your mojo assignment and story will determine the level of mojo tools you need," he said.
"More than three billion smartphone users use more than six million apps to upload 600 hours of kludge type video every minute. Journalist Charles Feldman called this 24/7 convergent clickstream an “information tsunami.”* *I see it as an opportunity."
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to get the most out of your smartphone camera when taking pictures at night
- 3 iOS apps for sharing article pull quotes to social media
- Tip: How to prevent female reporters from becoming targets of abuse on social media
- Mobile journalism helps reporters get closer to the story, new Reuters Institute research finds
- 'It’s about being ready if something happens in front of your eyes' – Q&A with mobile journalist Nico Piro