Whether you've just started out in mobile journalism (mojo), or you've been practising the art for a while, check out this article from mojo expert Ivo Burum.
He lists a range of camera hardware, microphones, apps, transfer devices and peripherals for you to try out, and reviews them based on their usefulness out in the field, and popularity with others in the industry.
"Your mojo assignment and story will determine the level of mojo tools you need," he said.
"More than three billion smartphone users use more than six million apps to upload 600 hours of kludge type video every minute. Journalist Charles Feldman called this 24/7 convergent clickstream an “information tsunami.”* *I see it as an opportunity."
Free daily newsletter
- 3 free Android apps for making cinemagraphs on the go
- Tip: Take note of this advice for investigating large data leaks
- Tip: Use this card game to plan which storytelling elements your project should include
- Tip: Check out this advice for editing Instagram images within the app
- Tip: Here are seven questions to ask before choosing comics journalism as a format for your story