Writing a headline for Facebook or Twitter that will make people stop scrolling through their feeds and actually read your story is not always easy.
Check out this Medium post from Jake Grovum, US social media editor at the Financial Times, who outlines eight principles to help guide how we write and evaluate social media headlines.
Among his tips: be conversational and aim to share an interesting piece of information from your article, as opposed to trying to "summarise situations or 800-word stories".
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out these free tools for mobile audio
- Tip: How to adapt large journalism projects for small newsrooms
- Tip: Check out these multimedia resources from the ONA17 conference
- With AM to DM, BuzzFeed brings the morning news show to Twitter
- Tip: Catch up with all the social media news of September with this list