Writing a headline for Facebook or Twitter that will make people stop scrolling through their feeds and actually read your story is not always easy.
Check out this Medium post from Jake Grovum, US social media editor at the Financial Times, who outlines eight principles to help guide how we write and evaluate social media headlines.
Among his tips: be conversational and aim to share an interesting piece of information from your article, as opposed to trying to "summarise situations or 800-word stories".
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Advice for journalists using Instagram Stories
- Tip: Take note of this advice for collaborating on data journalism projects
- Tip: Bookmark these recommendations for creating 360-degree video
- Tip: How to set up a productive dialogue in a podcast without a host
- From podcasts to chat bots: Engagement experiments at Harvard Business Review