Writing a headline for Facebook or Twitter that will make people stop scrolling through their feeds and actually read your story is not always easy.
Check out this Medium post from Jake Grovum, US social media editor at the Financial Times, who outlines eight principles to help guide how we write and evaluate social media headlines.
Among his tips: be conversational and aim to share an interesting piece of information from your article, as opposed to trying to "summarise situations or 800-word stories".
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to stay safe when covering elections and civil unrest
- Tip: Bookmark this advice if you want to start working as a freelancer
- Tip: 5 key aspects of video production to share with your newsroom
- Tip: How freelancers can collect late payments
- Tip: Check out these recommendations for collaborating on projects