Live video fans can also broadcast on Youtube, and in this article, Jennifer Nelson, senior information specialist at the Donald W. Reynolds Journalism Institute, outlines eight tips covering the basics of livestreaming on the platform.
Nelson collected some key advice from Nicholas Whitaker, Google training and development manager, who highlighted the importance of promoting your live video in advance to make sure you can reach a high number of viewers.
Other recommendations include considering when you might need an external microphone to ensure you're broadcasting good quality audio, and remembering to stay in areas with a good wifi connection to keep your broadcast on air.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out this advice for getting started with 360-degree video
- Tip: Remember these pointers for building communities using Facebook groups
- Tip: Recommendations for working with inconsistent data
- Tip: Advice for making events a part of your newsroom's engagement strategy
- Tip: How to tell stories using small data sets