Live video fans can also broadcast on Youtube, and in this article, Jennifer Nelson, senior information specialist at the Donald W. Reynolds Journalism Institute, outlines eight tips covering the basics of livestreaming on the platform.
Nelson collected some key advice from Nicholas Whitaker, Google training and development manager, who highlighted the importance of promoting your live video in advance to make sure you can reach a high number of viewers.
Other recommendations include considering when you might need an external microphone to ensure you're broadcasting good quality audio, and remembering to stay in areas with a good wifi connection to keep your broadcast on air.
Free daily newsletter
- 4 tips from LBC to make audio more engaging on social media
- Tip: Bookmark this guide for making the most of social media analytics
- European news consumers tend to trust TV and radio more than social media and the written press, study finds
- Tip: Learn more about recording equipment by following this audio production guide
- Tip: Consider these key points when using social media in the Middle East