Live video fans can also broadcast on Youtube, and in this article, Jennifer Nelson, senior information specialist at the Donald W. Reynolds Journalism Institute, outlines eight tips covering the basics of livestreaming on the platform.
Nelson collected some key advice from Nicholas Whitaker, Google training and development manager, who highlighted the importance of promoting your live video in advance to make sure you can reach a high number of viewers.
Other recommendations include considering when you might need an external microphone to ensure you're broadcasting good quality audio, and remembering to stay in areas with a good wifi connection to keep your broadcast on air.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out this resource for flying drones in the United States
- Tip: Bookmark these headline rewrites for inspiration
- Tip: Bookmark this advice for avoiding spherical video mistakes
- Tip: Here are 5 reasons to start an email newsletter
- App for journalists: Clips, for creating videos with animated captions