Only a few weeks ago, it seemed unimaginable that most employees in the media industry would have to work from home and that public life would come to a halt.
As the coronavirus outbreak progressed, journalists in the Journalists of Color Slack channel started to share their stories and anxieties and then decided to turn this into an opportunity to help out colleagues elsewhere.
"The guide covers four main topics: general need-to-know info about coronavirus itself and what to do if you’re exposed to it; how to care for your own physical and emotional health as you cover the pandemic; caring for others, whether they’re your colleagues, reporters, or freelancers; and recommendations and tips for event planners," writes Hanaa' Tameez for Nieman Lab in this article.
Free daily newsletter
- Digital News Report 2020: covid-19 accelerates digital shifts in the media industry
- “Hey Google, tell me something good”
- EJC launches Freelance Journalism Assembly to support the self-employed community
- Can an ‘encyclopaedia of opinions’ help us have healthier conversations?
- Six tips to make your journalism career thrive during and after lockdown