There’s no recipe for a great live video, but journalists can learn a lot from each other about the formats and the tone viewers prefer online.
In this article on Digiday, reporter Lucinda Southern dives into the live video strategy at French newspaper Le Figaro, looking at examples of videos they have broadcast both on Facebook and on their own platform to see if there are any lessons we can learn.
"Interactions are so important because we don’t want to be TV," said Bertrand Gié, Le Figaro’s head of digital, in the article. "The key is being user-centric."
Free daily newsletter
- Reuters Institute's Digital News Report finds a decline in social media usage for news for the first time in seven years
- 'This is about the death of the newsfeed': Stories may soon become the core of social media
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth