There’s no recipe for a great live video, but journalists can learn a lot from each other about the formats and the tone viewers prefer online.
In this article on Digiday, reporter Lucinda Southern dives into the live video strategy at French newspaper Le Figaro, looking at examples of videos they have broadcast both on Facebook and on their own platform to see if there are any lessons we can learn.
"Interactions are so important because we don’t want to be TV," said Bertrand Gié, Le Figaro’s head of digital, in the article. "The key is being user-centric."
Free daily newsletter
- Newsrewired throwback: Engagement is ‘about creating a party and making it rock’
- Tip: Here’s how to better share analytics with your team
- Tip: Check out these free tools for mobile audio
- Tip: How to adapt large journalism projects for small newsrooms
- Tip: Check out these multimedia resources from the ONA17 conference