As authorities are trying to stop the spread of coronavirus, more and more countries are imposing travel bans. This makes it hard for newsrooms to send their staff to cover international news.
But there is another way. Canada-based journalist Eva Holland started this Google spreadsheet where you can find nearly 600 freelancers (more are being added) around the world ready and willing to take assignments and work within local restrictions.
For editors, you can search the document by keyword, for example, for a specific location - just use the ‘find’ function in the edit dropdown menu.
If you are a freelancer, you can add yourself to the document via the Google Form linked in the highlighted text at the top of the list.
Get listed in Journalism.co.uk Freelance directory and start getting new commissions. Click here for more information.
Good morning, editors! Here is a spreadsheet of 516 (and counting) freelancers around the world who are willing and able to take assignments without getting on a plane. I hope it's of some use. We're here and we can work within local restrictions! https://t.co/lA308T2fG8— Eva Holland (@evaholland) March 16, 2020
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Free tools and content to help you cover the covid-19 pandemic
- Five covid-19 newsletters to subscribe to
- Tip: Adapting university lessons to video conferences
- How to fight mis- and disinformation during the coronavirus crisis
- Google is giving $6.5 million to fact-checkers focusing on coronavirus