Twitter already has a 140 character limit, but did you know the ideal tweet should be between 71 and 100 characters long?
Posting a tweet that falls under the character limit allows your followers to retweet and add their own comments, writes Kevan Lee of Buffer.
Buffer teamed up with SumAll to create an infographic outlining the best length of posts on various social networks, an update with a social media focus to an earlier post by Buffer.
While some of the points are very specific, Lee says they should be taken "as a starting point" and every publisher should find out which recommendations work best for their audience.
Free daily newsletter
- Amanpour: 'authoritarianism is creeping westward where it has no business belonging'
- Julie Posetti: post-pandemic journalism will be 'more mission-driven, public service-focused, and audience-centred'
- Tip: Four mental health strategies for student newsrooms
- Tip: Make the most of your work experience
- Tip: How to recognise misinformation online