If you're working in a small team and don't have the luxury of relying on a full-time subeditor, making sure you edit your own work as you go along can help get your story online quicker.
There are a number of tools out there designed to help writers with grammar errors, focus, and even to avoid cliches or repetition when writing.
Matt Abbott put together a list of seven such tools in this post for the Centre for Community Journalism to help you choose which ones work for you – and they're all free.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Take note of this advice for collaborating on data journalism projects
- Tip: Bookmark these recommendations for creating 360-degree video
- Tip: How to set up a productive dialogue in a podcast without a host
- Tip: Advice for setting up new products and projects in the newsroom
- Tip: Check out these data and interactive journalism resources from NICAR 2018