If you're working in a small team and don't have the luxury of relying on a full-time subeditor, making sure you edit your own work as you go along can help get your story online quicker.
There are a number of tools out there designed to help writers with grammar errors, focus, and even to avoid cliches or repetition when writing.
Matt Abbott put together a list of seven such tools in this post for the Centre for Community Journalism to help you choose which ones work for you – and they're all free.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: What to expect the moments after your tweet goes viral
- Tip: Check out this advice from journalists sharing their biggest mistakes
- Tip: Posting to Instagram? Make your captions count with these recommendations
- Tip: Advice for incorporating data skills into a journalism curriculum
- Tip: How to prepare for interviews and ask tough questions