If you're working in a small team and don't have the luxury of relying on a full-time subeditor, making sure you edit your own work as you go along can help get your story online quicker.
There are a number of tools out there designed to help writers with grammar errors, focus, and even to avoid cliches or repetition when writing.
Matt Abbott put together a list of seven such tools in this post for the Centre for Community Journalism to help you choose which ones work for you – and they're all free.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to check if the research quoted in your story is trustworthy
- Tip: Take note of this advice to become a better writer
- Tip: Check out this resource for flying drones in the United States
- Tip: Bookmark these headline rewrites for inspiration
- Tip: Remember this advice while livestreaming on YouTube