If you're working in a small team and don't have the luxury of relying on a full-time subeditor, making sure you edit your own work as you go along can help get your story online quicker.
There are a number of tools out there designed to help writers with grammar errors, focus, and even to avoid cliches or repetition when writing.
Matt Abbott put together a list of seven such tools in this post for the Centre for Community Journalism to help you choose which ones work for you – and they're all free.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom
- Tip: Bookmark these tools for collaborating on investigative projects