If you're working in a small team and don't have the luxury of relying on a full-time subeditor, making sure you edit your own work as you go along can help get your story online quicker.
There are a number of tools out there designed to help writers with grammar errors, focus, and even to avoid cliches or repetition when writing.
Matt Abbott put together a list of seven such tools in this post for the Centre for Community Journalism to help you choose which ones work for you – and they're all free.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to stay safe when covering elections and civil unrest
- Tip: Bookmark this advice if you want to start working as a freelancer
- Tip: 5 key aspects of video production to share with your newsroom
- Tip: How freelancers can collect late payments
- Tip: Check out these recommendations for collaborating on projects