Staying up to date with the latest changes and announcements from technology companies should be an important part of your role if you work on social media, but it can be difficult to track down these announcements quickly.
The helpful folk at the Tow Center created a timeline listing all the latest announcement from Apple, Facebook, Snapchat and other organisations that can have an impact on the way stories are sourced, shared and monetised today.
Find the timeline here – you can search by platform or event, and you can sort by date. The earliest entry is the launch of Google AdWords on 23 October, 2000, while the most recent at the time of writing is from 22 August 2017: "Facebook adds publisher logos to Trending and Search so readers can more easily identify news sources and brands."
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out this fact-checking advice
- 5 lessons learned from an innovative media organisation
- Tip: How to keep your Twitter profile out of trouble
- NRS: At seven UK titles, more than half of the national audience reads stories only on mobile
- Would the EU copyright proposal protect all or privilege a few?