One of the big challenges freelancers face is trying to get their pitches to stand out and attract the attention of editors.
Vinter stressed the importance to do the research for your pitch before you get in touch.
"Editors try to plan content to the best of their ability and it's incredibly frustrating to not have an article come off or, even worse, for the freelancer to have spent a lot of time writing something that an editor has to spike because it's different to what they pitched," she said.
Free daily newsletter
- How do you interview celebs during the coronavirus pandemic?
- "Feeling inferior is something a lot of us battle with. This is a mindset I want to help shift"
- Five mistakes media trainers make - and how to avoid them
- How to work with international clients while freelancing in the UK
- When is a press release worth pursuing as a news story?