Every Friday, Journalism.co.uk brings you a round-up of our week’s top stories, giving you all the information you need to know, wherever you are.
Here's the latest journalism news from this week:
Colleagues who are struggling under the weight of the information they receive in a typical working day are invited to fill out a survey to share their experiences.
The European Journalism Centre's News Impact Network is aiming to find out what journalists are doing to prevent overwhelm in the newsroom. It is hoped the results will contribute to finding ways to make our industry more sustainable.
Google’s Digital News Innovation (DNI) Fund awarded €21 million to 98 media projects in 28 European countries after assessing its fifth round of applications, the DNI team announced on 24 July.
Google has now awarded some €115 million to European projects as part of its commitment to support media innovation with a €150 million fund.
In a bid to engage younger readers, The Economist has been promoting visual storytelling through Instagram, a platform dominated by 18-34 year olds.
"We are predominately looking to cultivate a broader audience, and Instagram is a fantastic place to do that," said Ria Jones, digital and social media picture editor, The Economist, speaking at newsrewired on 11 July.
Francesca Dean, an aspiring journalist from Rossendale, Lancashire, has lived all her life with cerebral palsy, a physical condition that affects movement, speech and co-ordination.
She talks about her drive to tell mental health stories and fight against the stigma around working as a journalist with a disability.
Social media has become an intergral part of the way journalists now do their jobs, whether it is used to distribute stories, to find eyewitness, or simply to share experiences with other reporters. But is there a trick we might be missing?
Free daily newsletter
- Newsroom diversity, storytelling and photography: Here is your weekly journalism news update
- Newsrewired speaker announcement: Matt McAlister joins panel on new social media strategies for content sharing
- Open-source investigations, mobile journalism and Netflix: Here is your weekly journalism news update
- Brand awareness, Snapchat and podcasting: Here is your weekly journalism news update
- 'I never want to be this dependent on one platform': Can your publication survive without Facebook?