Members of the National Union of Journalists members at the newspaper met yesterday to discuss their next step, following two days of strike action taken earlier this month, and voted to carry out another 48-hours of action, serving notice of their plans to strike on Tuesday 7 and Wednesday 8 December.
According to the NUJ, Newsquest's plans to relocate the subbing operation will result in the loss of seven jobs.
In the run up to the previous action union members requested that management meet with the entire editorial staff to explain the company's reasons for the planned move and called for the suspension of the proposals while staff were consulted.
But Journalism.co.uk understands that staff have now been told the consultation period has been completed and that the company will be going ahead with its proposals, prompting the latest announcement of strike dates. Journalism.co.uk has tried to contact the paper's editor Michael Beard for comment on the NUJ's claims but has not yet had a response.
Father of the Argus NUJ chapel Tim Norman said as long as the staff threatened with redundancy are still working at the Argus, the chapel will continue to fight for the jobs to be saved.
"The people whose jobs are at risk are still working here," he said. "The fact they are still here and still working means we can still act in defence of the jobs.
"As long as the jobs are here they are potentially saveable."
Earlier this month Journalism.co.uk went to speak to staff at the Brighton Argus who were striking, to find out more about why they were taking aciton.
Journalism.co.uk will update this story with any comment from Newsquest.
Meanwhile, NUJ members at the Southern Daily Echo have also announced fresh strikes next week after an unsuccessful meeting with the title's management over an ongoing pay freeze and pension closure.