Still from the Facebook Camera promotional video
The app, which launched late yesterday, enables users to post a number of images at once and also presents pictures posted by friends, and therefore the work of photojournalists sharing their images, on the social platform in a single feed.
The app also allows images to be edited before being posted online.
On the Facebook + Journalists page the platform says the app "will make it easier to share photos from the scene of your reporting with your subscribers."
According to its iTunes page the app is compatible with "iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (4th generation), iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad (3rd generation) and iPad Wi-Fi + 4G".
In April this year Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg announced the company would be acquiring photography app Instagram.
A screengrab of the app's landing page
Free daily newsletter
- How to record and edit videos on your iPhone with Videon
- App for journalists: Plotagraph, for animating photos on your iPhone
- How to collect, organise and showcase your work in one place, without paying a penny
- Tip: Check out this list of tools for creating social media posts
- App for journalists: Tailor, for stitching your iPhone's screenshots together