She discusses the role and responsibilities of a 'roving reporter', how she carries out her day-to-day tasks, and what it takes to make it in the industry.
She puts particular emphasis on the importance of being sociable, being able to multitask under pressure, and being able to prioritise your tasks in order to get the most out of a story.
View the video on our Vimeo account here.
Next week we will be hearing from Matthew Danzico, co-founder, BBC Pop Up.
If you'd like more tips on how to enter a particular niche within the journalism industry, tweet us @journalismnews.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to write strong headlines for your stories
- Tip: Check out this advice for improving the reach of your podcast
- Tip: Remember these guidelines for spotting fake news online
- Considerations for journalists covering violence against women
- Tip: 6 pointers for effective data visualisations from Google