She discusses the role and responsibilities of a 'roving reporter', how she carries out her day-to-day tasks, and what it takes to make it in the industry.
She puts particular emphasis on the importance of being sociable, being able to multitask under pressure, and being able to prioritise your tasks in order to get the most out of a story.
View the video on our Vimeo account here.
Next week we will be hearing from Matthew Danzico, co-founder, BBC Pop Up.
If you'd like more tips on how to enter a particular niche within the journalism industry, tweet us @journalismnews.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to prevent female reporters from becoming targets of abuse on social media
- 'It’s about being ready if something happens in front of your eyes' – Q&A with mobile journalist Nico Piro
- Tip: 3 ways to make your headlines stand out on social media
- Tip: Take note of these recommendations for editing smartphone footage on desktop
- Tip: Remember this guide for investigative web research