She discusses the role and responsibilities of a 'roving reporter', how she carries out her day-to-day tasks, and what it takes to make it in the industry.
She puts particular emphasis on the importance of being sociable, being able to multitask under pressure, and being able to prioritise your tasks in order to get the most out of a story.
View the video on our Vimeo account here.
Next week we will be hearing from Matthew Danzico, co-founder, BBC Pop Up.
If you'd like more tips on how to enter a particular niche within the journalism industry, tweet us @journalismnews.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Here's how filmmakers can work with virtual reality
- Tip: Follow these instructions to make sure your listeners keep coming back to your podcast
- Tip: Bookmark these guides for journalists looking to get started with GitHub
- Tip: Learn how to restrict your internet access to focus on writing
- Tip: Follow these 10 steps when fact-checking a politician's claims