She discusses the role and responsibilities of a 'roving reporter', how she carries out her day-to-day tasks, and what it takes to make it in the industry.
She puts particular emphasis on the importance of being sociable, being able to multitask under pressure, and being able to prioritise your tasks in order to get the most out of a story.
View the video on our Vimeo account here.
Next week we will be hearing from Matthew Danzico, co-founder, BBC Pop Up.
If you'd like more tips on how to enter a particular niche within the journalism industry, tweet us @journalismnews.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Safety advice for journalists covering the US elections
- Tip: Where to find inspiration when you need story ideas
- Tip: Starting to write on Medium? Here's a handy style guide
- Washington Post series on border barriers aims to break the mould of digital storytelling
- Tip: How to build a chat bot without having to code