She discusses the role and responsibilities of a 'roving reporter', how she carries out her day-to-day tasks, and what it takes to make it in the industry.
She puts particular emphasis on the importance of being sociable, being able to multitask under pressure, and being able to prioritise your tasks in order to get the most out of a story.
View the video on our Vimeo account here.
Next week we will be hearing from Matthew Danzico, co-founder, BBC Pop Up.
If you'd like more tips on how to enter a particular niche within the journalism industry, tweet us @journalismnews.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Use this resource to cover the US presidential inauguration
- Tip: Bookmark this guide to creating documentation for staff changes in newsrooms
- Tip: Follow this advice to get more out of your weekly newsroom meeting
- Tip: Bookmark this online privacy resource for journalists
- Tip: Bookmark this advice for sticking to the word count