She discusses the role and responsibilities of a 'roving reporter', how she carries out her day-to-day tasks, and what it takes to make it in the industry.
She puts particular emphasis on the importance of being sociable, being able to multitask under pressure, and being able to prioritise your tasks in order to get the most out of a story.
View the video on our Vimeo account here.
Next week we will be hearing from Matthew Danzico, co-founder, BBC Pop Up.
If you'd like more tips on how to enter a particular niche within the journalism industry, tweet us @journalismnews.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark these tools for collaborating on investigative projects
- Using its Amplify tool, Reveal sent podcast and radio listeners personalised information via SMS
- Tip: How to make the most of editorial newsletters
- Tip: Remember these recommendations for foreign correspondents
- Tip: Advice for journalists using Instagram Stories