She discusses the role and responsibilities of a 'roving reporter', how she carries out her day-to-day tasks, and what it takes to make it in the industry.
She puts particular emphasis on the importance of being sociable, being able to multitask under pressure, and being able to prioritise your tasks in order to get the most out of a story.
View the video on our Vimeo account here.
Next week we will be hearing from Matthew Danzico, co-founder, BBC Pop Up.
If you'd like more tips on how to enter a particular niche within the journalism industry, tweet us @journalismnews.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Here's how to use ScribbleLive to cover live events
- Tip: Bookmark this advice for rounding off numbers in articles
- Tool for journalists: Biteable, for making video animations on the web
- Tip: Here's how to convey your message effectively in broadcast interviews
- Tip: Remember this coping advice for journalists covering tough stories