She discusses the role and responsibilities of a 'roving reporter', how she carries out her day-to-day tasks, and what it takes to make it in the industry.
She puts particular emphasis on the importance of being sociable, being able to multitask under pressure, and being able to prioritise your tasks in order to get the most out of a story.
View the video on our Vimeo account here.
Next week we will be hearing from Matthew Danzico, co-founder, BBC Pop Up.
If you'd like more tips on how to enter a particular niche within the journalism industry, tweet us @journalismnews.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark this resource for getting started as a reporter in a new country
- Tip: Check out these coding tutorials for journalists
- Tip: Bookmark this guide for contacting sources on social media
- Tip: Check out these bookmarking tools
- Tip: Check out this list of free digital resources for newsrooms of any size