Infogr.am allows you to add data, images and text
A free-to-use tool has launched to allow for the easy creation of infographics.
Infogr.am allows digital journalists to add data, images and text to create embeddable visualisations without the need for code or design packages.
The tool, created by tech entrepreneurs HackFwd, was launched in public beta yesterday.
Users to login using Twitter or Facebook and have the choice of creating an infographic, of which there are three templates to choose from, or chart, which offers five templates.
An announcement on HackFwd's blog states: "With Infogr.am you can create and publish beautiful, interactive infographics based on any data you choose.
"You select a template, upload or enter your data for various graph types, add quotes, images and text, and decide the layout with a simple drag and drop interface. You can then take your infographics with you, embedding them anywhere or sharing them via social channels."
Our test infographic can be viewed at this link.
Free daily newsletter
- Ideas for innovating public interest news: The Australian Newsroom Mapping Project
- The Washington Post launches newsletter to help readers understand graphs and charts
- Tip: Top tools for tracking the impact of climate change
- Tool for journalists: Storysmart, for online safety training
- Sponsored content: How Blinder can revolutionise your newsroom's remote interviews