Co-founder of Liveblog Pro Joseph Stashko has announced he is to join the Times and Sunday Times as a digital news development editor next month.
Stashko, who most recently freelanced at ITV News and Associated Press Television News, will report to head of news development at the Times Pat Long and deputy head of digital Lucia Adams.
At ITV News Stashko has worked on the news site as a digital producer and as a social media producer. He also co-founded liveblogging platform Liveblog Pro with students Jonathan Frost and Andrew Fairbairn. Stashko said the platform, which launched in January, "will continue as a side project". All three were students when they first started working on Liveblog Pro.
In his new role at the Times and Sunday Times, Stashko said he will "be working with the digital team to develop digital editorial products - working on making their already great digital journalism richer and more immersive".
"It'll involve working and collaborating with developers, both newsrooms, technology and commercial departments."
"I'm really excited to start," he added, "the journalism at the Times and Sunday Times is really strong and I'm looking forward to being a part of developing their digital strategy."
Earlier today News International, which publishes the Times and Sunday Times, announced a name change to News UK.
Free daily newsletter
- Seven tried-and-tested steps to growing your digital subscription model
- 'Digital first, print second': how Ireland's INM went from zero to 30k subscribers in one year
- Facebook ban on news in Australia: "It caught us completely off guard"
- Have you got audience data? Good. Now use it
- Financial Times launches a new hub for climate news because its audience asked for it