Whether you are a student looking to take your first steps on the career ladder, or a journalist wanting to pursue a new opportunity and keen to better understand which skills most impress editors today, our Q&A offers great advice from industry experts.
The three experts who joined us for the live Q&A were:
- Alison Gow, editor, digital content innovation team, Trinity Mirror Regionals, and former editor of the Daily Post
- Daniell Morrisey, head of talent, BBC Comedy, a career writer and recruitment expert
- John Thompson, managing director, Journalism.co.uk
Update: This article was updated in the process of the live Q&A and to reflect the fact that the event is now closed.
Free daily newsletter
- Journalism.co.uk is looking for digital skills trainers
- One year since launch, the Refugee Journalism Project is hoping to expand across the UK
- Tip: 7 ways to kick-start your career in radio
- Editorial training from Journalism.co.uk in 2017
- How Reuters trains its journalists to work with new technologies and collaborate in the newsroom