Whether you are a student looking to take your first steps on the career ladder, or a journalist wanting to pursue a new opportunity and keen to better understand which skills most impress editors today, our Q&A offers great advice from industry experts.
The three experts who joined us for the live Q&A were:
- Alison Gow, editor, digital content innovation team, Trinity Mirror Regionals, and former editor of the Daily Post
- Daniell Morrisey, head of talent, BBC Comedy, a career writer and recruitment expert
- John Thompson, managing director, Journalism.co.uk
Update: This article was updated in the process of the live Q&A and to reflect the fact that the event is now closed.
Free daily newsletter
- 'It's a lot about who you know, and they rarely know anyone': Helping refugee journalists restart work
- Tip: Check out this list of free digital resources for newsrooms of any size
- Media24 is training students in South Africa to set up news websites for their schools
- Tip: Bookmark this advice for organising a coding event
- The Daily Vox is training young reporters to 'establish new traditions' in South African journalism