Whether you are a student looking to take your first steps on the career ladder, or a journalist wanting to pursue a new opportunity and keen to better understand which skills most impress editors today, our Q&A offers great advice from industry experts.
The three experts who joined us for the live Q&A were:
- Alison Gow, editor, digital content innovation team, Trinity Mirror Regionals, and former editor of the Daily Post
- Daniell Morrisey, head of talent, BBC Comedy, a career writer and recruitment expert
- John Thompson, managing director, Journalism.co.uk
Update: This article was updated in the process of the live Q&A and to reflect the fact that the event is now closed.
Free daily newsletter
- Introducing training options and more speakers for December’s news:rewired
- How will the media landscape look in 10 years?
- Radio storytelling in Sierra Leone: Giving children a voice
- How to get that dream job in journalism: Advice from AOL’s Tim Goodchild
- ONA receives funding to expand local journalism programme