In the year of the coronavirus pandemic, most journalists have been stuck indoors whilst doing their jobs. But there are some exceptions, like those who have had to cover the political events of 2020.
One of those journalists reporting from US presidential election rallies was Nico Piro, special correspondent for Italy's RAI.
He had jetted out to the US to cover the main events around the election as they unfolded, live-streaming and sending packages back to his team in Italy.
Piro talks about the new and old challenges of covering elections in 2020 and how being a mobile journalist can help capture all the action you need.
Clips from the video are copyright of Nico Piro and RAI, and have been used with permission
Free daily newsletter
- How covid-19 impacted journalism in emerging economies and the Global South
- UK parliament told the media needs greater covid-19 data transparency
- How do you manage a breaking news team from home?
- Coronavirus, statistical chaos and the news, one year on
- No newsroom, no problem: tips and tricks for working through lockdown