According to a release, Bouran, who is currently director of television at Reuters, will have overall responsibility for Sky News Arabia, including delivering its editorial standards and business goals.
The 24-hour Arabic news channel, a joint venture between Abu Dhabi Media Investment Corp and BSkyB, is due to launch in Spring next year.
Last year, Sky News announced that the new channel will be based in Abu Dhabi, with content for the channel, website and mobile applications to be produced by more than 180 multimedia journalists.
It will also operate via a network of bureaux in the MENA region as well as further offices in London and Washington.
"I'm incredibly excited to be joining Sky News Arabia and am looking forward to the challenge ahead," said Bouran.
"Our aim is to offer a fresh and exciting channel with a new approach to covering news and analysis which will make Sky News Arabia the must-view channel across the MENA region."
Free daily newsletter
- Sky News and BuzzFeed UK collaborate on livestreaming UK general election 2019 overnight show
- Thomson Foundation supports mobile journalists in the Middle East and Africa
- Facial recognition, subtitling automation and datasets: how Sky News uses AI to unburden journalists
- How international collaboration helps investigative journalists overcome challenges
- Social media in the Middle East: five trends journalists need to know about