In an announcement on its Digital Experiments Tumblr page the Times said the new page will be "kind of a mix between a blog platform and a social network", also featuring photos from the news, links and video, "anything that we over at the Opinion desk find interesting".
The title added that it hopes the new page will "give a flavour of what our columnists and leader writers do, how they think, and what influences their writing".
Although the page is outside the paywall the Times stresses that "no paid-for content appears on the Tumblr page".
"To read columns, leaders and Thunderers, look at cartoons, watch animations – and, indeed, access the rest of thetimes.co.uk – you still need a Times subscription."
Free daily newsletter
- Google awards €20.4m to media projects in Europe as part of the fourth round of its Digital News Initiative
- Redesigning the journalistic economy as if starting from scratch
- Dutch start-up The Playwall is giving readers the option to pay for online content by answering questions
- Print and online daily Ara is reaching the 'politically concerned' community in Catalonia
- Through cross-border collaborations, Outriders is trying to reinvent the role of foreign correspondents