The Times today launched what it called "an experimental Tumblr page" outside its paywall offering Opinion content such as additional comment pieces from Times columnists.
In an announcement on its Digital Experiments Tumblr page the Times said the new page will be "kind of a mix between a blog platform and a social network", also featuring photos from the news, links and video, "anything that we over at the Opinion desk find interesting".
The title added that it hopes the new page will "give a flavour of what our columnists and leader writers do, how they think, and what influences their writing".
Although the page is outside the paywall the Times stresses that "no paid-for content appears on the Tumblr page".
"To read columns, leaders and Thunderers, look at cartoons, watch animations – and, indeed, access the rest of thetimes.co.uk – you still need a Times subscription."
Free daily newsletter
- 'Conscious commissioning': what The Times learned from deep analysis of its journalism
- How can we make local, independent journalism sustainable in 2020 (and beyond)?
- How four European publishers experiment with new tools to grow their audience
- Nine tips on crafting the perfect headline for print and online
- What do millennials and Gen Z want from the news? Convenience and hard-hitting content