The Times today launched what it called "an experimental Tumblr page" outside its paywall offering Opinion content such as additional comment pieces from Times columnists.
In an announcement on its Digital Experiments Tumblr page the Times said the new page will be "kind of a mix between a blog platform and a social network", also featuring photos from the news, links and video, "anything that we over at the Opinion desk find interesting".
The title added that it hopes the new page will "give a flavour of what our columnists and leader writers do, how they think, and what influences their writing".
Although the page is outside the paywall the Times stresses that "no paid-for content appears on the Tumblr page".
"To read columns, leaders and Thunderers, look at cartoons, watch animations – and, indeed, access the rest of thetimes.co.uk – you still need a Times subscription."
Free daily newsletter
- Can an ‘encyclopaedia of opinions’ help us have healthier conversations?
- 'Coronabump' provides an opportunity for news outlets to grow loyal audiences
- The Times set to launch a radio station to capture new subscribers
- 'Conscious commissioning': what The Times learned from deep analysis of its journalism
- How can we make local, independent journalism sustainable in 2020 (and beyond)?