In an announcement on its Digital Experiments Tumblr page the Times said the new page will be "kind of a mix between a blog platform and a social network", also featuring photos from the news, links and video, "anything that we over at the Opinion desk find interesting".
The title added that it hopes the new page will "give a flavour of what our columnists and leader writers do, how they think, and what influences their writing".
Although the page is outside the paywall the Times stresses that "no paid-for content appears on the Tumblr page".
"To read columns, leaders and Thunderers, look at cartoons, watch animations – and, indeed, access the rest of thetimes.co.uk – you still need a Times subscription."
Free daily newsletter
- The Telegraph Media Group introduces new digital subscription service
- Tip: Remember this advice for keeping your blog focused and on track
- Podcasts, eyewitness media and new models in digital publishing: Highlights from newsrewired
- Fact-checking and Facebook Live: How publishers are covering the EU referendum
- Trust and credibility: What digital trends and values will shape tomorrow's news?