Instagram has recently launched a new feature on IGTV that will allow multiple videos to be grouped into video series.
It is a simple and handy way to keep audiences hooked into your video content much like a playlist on other platforms. Here is a quick run-down on how to get started:
When uploading a video to IGTV, after doing the essentials - uploading the video and a cover image - on the edit screen, you will now see an option to add the video to an IGTV series.
Hit 'add to series' - if there are no series yet created, you will be prompted to make one.
Otherwise, you can select an existing series for this video to slot into, or make a new one. You will need to insert a series name and a description.
Afterwards, you will return to the previous screen, where you can check over the final details before posting the video.
If you return to your videos on your profile after uploading, you will see a tag for the video series on the bottom left hand corner. Tap this to expand the series.
What if you have old videos that you want to add to a series? Fear not, all you have to do is bring up the options on the video. Click ‘edit’ and you will find the series options.
Follow us on Instagram @journalismnews
Newsrewired delegates on 27 Nov @reutersUK London have a good chance to win a Dreamgrip Scout - a universal modular video #mojo rig from @DREAMGRIP_OFCL (https://t.co/SrShODOz2j). Just fill in a feedback form! No ticket yet? https://t.co/uFqgW488Eg #newsrw #journalism #event pic.twitter.com/azRjDgKUbM— newsrewired (@newsrewired) October 29, 2019
Free daily newsletter
- International Fact-Checking Day: eight resources for verifying information
- Argentinian mobile journalism startup uses homemade Instagram filters to reinvent social storytelling
- App for journalists: Impresso, for creating animated posts for Instagram
- Need a source for your next story? This platform puts experts on speed dial
- How to use social-native storytelling to break and cover news on Instagram