The main mission of our Newsrewired conference is to share knowledge about the latest trends in digital publishing to inspire change in newsrooms. Thanks to the support from United Robots, we are pleased to be able to invite 10 journalists from under-represented backgrounds to the upcoming event, taking place from 19 to 28 October 2021.
To enter the prize draw, please fill in the application form. This initiative is aimed at journalists from under-represented backgrounds, such as people of colour; people with disabilities; people from a lower socioeconomic background; people who are gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender and people of non-dominant religions.
The deadline is Thursday 14 October 2021 and the winners will be announced in the Newsrewired newsletter on Friday 15 October and on social media. If you are not receiving the event newsletter, you can sign up here.
"We are strong believers in the importance of diversity in journalism. Newsrewired is a front line industry event, and we hope that the journalists who attend will be able to go back to their newsrooms and drive change and greater inclusion. Only newsrooms who reflect the communities they serve will be able to produce relevant journalism in the long run," says Cecilia Campbell, chief marketing officer at United Robots.
United Robots AB is a Swedish technology company providing automated editorial content. The company leverages structured data to provide publishers with robot generated content about topics like sports, real estate, business and traffic.
Free daily newsletter
- Predictions for digital journalism: audience, diversity and newsroom leadership in 2022
- The NCTJ's Journalism Diversity Fund hits £500k fundraising target
- #HeForShe: the role of male allies for women journalists
- Young black journalist launches an investigative journalism publication for Gen Z
- Eleanor Mills: 'Newspapers will become irrelevant if they do not cater to all parts of society'