We are pleased to announce that a new speaker will be joining Marverine Cole on the panel that will be discussing the best practices to build a diversified and sustainable newsroom.
Robyn Vinter, founder and editor-in-chief at The Overtake, grew up in Leeds and graduated top of her class at Leeds Beckett University almost a decade ago. She is, in her words, “one of those elusive working-class journalists” and does everything she can to support those who come from less well-represented backgrounds.
Robyn launched The Overtake, an investigative news website for millennials based in Leeds, in October 2017. In 2018, she was shortlisted for the Georgina Henry Award at the Press Awards and this year was nominated for the Paul Foot Award for her investigation into racist London nightclubs. Before The Overtake, she wrote for publications including the i paper, The Guardian, BuzzFeed and the New Statesman.
Other topics you can look forward to at Newsrewired:
- How to grow your audience beyond loyal subscribers to build a sustainable revenue model
- Beyond the shiny new things: devising and driving fundamental transformation in your news organisation
- How mobile journalism is empowering citizen reporters, plus the latest tips and tricks to up your own mojo skills
- …and much more
Book your ticket now for £190+VAT. The tickets give you access to the full-day conference on Wednesday 27 November 2019, and include lunch and refreshments, as well as after-event networking drinks and a delegate 'goodie' bag.
If you would like to suggest a session or a talk, or to sponsor the event, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Free daily newsletter
- New platform launches to support investigative journalists in south-eastern Europe
- Reporting with people, not on them: how The Bureau Local took a story full circle
- What will the next decade look like for journalism?
- Christmas podcast: Journalism.co.uk looks back at 2019's hot (and not) topics in the media industry
- What did the 2010s mean for the media industry?