In his new role as vice president and general manager of CNN International Digital, Bale will report directly to KC Estenson, senior vice president and general manager of CNN Digital, and will lead the editorial and commercial functions of CNN Digital outside the US.
In a release, Bale said: "I am thrilled to be joining one of the most respected brands in news. CNN is a leader in news and publishing technology, as its iPad app shows. I look forward to working with the CNN International team to grow the digital business and its reach to consumers worldwide."
Bale, who is currently responsible for content on MSN's properties outside the US, was formerly Reuters correspondent and editor, founder of FTMarketWatch.com and online editorial director of Times Online for News Corporation.
Free daily newsletter
- Tool for journalists: Auto Futures, the free digital hub for reporting on the automotive industry
- Speakers from CNN and Reuters to share insights at newsrewired, 7 March
- New year-long project from CNN explores the challenges women face in some of the least developed countries
- 'It’s about teamwork': The diary of a journalist surrounded by coders
- #newsrw: How to follow along with the latest newsrewired event