Over the past couple of weeks, the Journalism.co.uk team has been working on the programme for the event, and we’re pleased to announce our first session ideas we are currently developing.
A limited number of early-bird tickets are available for the event, costing £140+VAT each. The discount expires on 6 August or once the places sell out, after which tickets will cost £190+VAT. Book your tickets here.
Half of the early-bird tickets have already been sold, so book your place now to avoid missing out.
One of the key sessions of the day will be a discussion around what Generation Z (13-24) wants from news organisations.
From designing mobile-first, shareable story formats, to publishing on popular and lesser-known social platforms, the panel will explore how to adapt news content for the swipe-savvy Gen Z
Other sessions and workshops we are planning:
- artificial intelligence in the newsroom — often portrayed as a threat to journalism jobs, we will explore how AI can provide useful tools that expand the boundaries of reporters’ work;
- new social media strategies for content sharing — although Facebook demoted news in its News Feed, appetite for sharing news stories isn’t slowing down. We will talk about the up-and-coming content-sharing platforms and strategies your publisher needs to know about;
- building revenuewith a membership programme — experts will discuss membership strategies in news organisations and explore what makes them successful
… and many more. Click here to view the agenda.
If you would like to suggest a session or a talk, or sponsor the event, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Free daily newsletter
- Ellen Stewart, head of content at the world's most-read LGBT media platform, PinkNews, joins opening panel on Gen Z
- Constructive journalism, email newsletters and VR: Here's your weekly journalism news update
- Catch up on newsrewired, our 22nd digital journalism conference
- Date for your diary: The next newsrewired event is on 7 November
- Theatre, newsrewired and Snapchat: Here's your weekly journalism news update