Future Publishing is promising its "biggest digital magazine launch" with the release of a new weekly iPad title.
The new weekly digital-only magazine will be called 'tech.' and provide a weekly round-up of technology news.
A release from Future says it is from the "makers" of TechRadar, an award-winning technology site, which, according to the publisher, reaches 4 million UK unique users a month and 17 million global unique users a month.
Future told Journalism.co.uk the new title will have its own editorial team who will provide a summary of the week in technology, adding that the magazine may include some content from TechRadar.
The release states that 'tech.' will give readers "a full range of opinion in one bite-size chunk".
The iPad title, which will be interactive, will launch a week today (29 November) and will be priced at £0.69 for a single issue or £19.99 for an annual subscription.
It will be available via Apple's Newsstand, which has become a new revenue stream for Future since the launch of the digital newsstand in October 2011.
The publisher, which has found great success on Newsstand, reported digital sales via Newsstand of more than £5 million 11 months after launch.
Mike Goldsmith, editor-in-chief, digital editions at Future Publishing, will be speaking at news:rewired, Journalism.co.uk's digital journalism conference, on 6 December. See the agenda for details and tickets.
Free daily newsletter
- App for journalists: Impresso, for creating animated posts for Instagram
- App for journalists: Doubletake, for recording both sides of an interview on smartphone
- App for journalists: PhotoGrid, for creating eye-catching images on Instagram
- Five tips to get started with mobile journalism
- App for journalists: InShot, for creating distinctive social media posts