The new weekly digital-only magazine will be called 'tech.' and provide a weekly round-up of technology news.
A release from Future says it is from the "makers" of TechRadar, an award-winning technology site, which, according to the publisher, reaches 4 million UK unique users a month and 17 million global unique users a month.
Future told Journalism.co.uk the new title will have its own editorial team who will provide a summary of the week in technology, adding that the magazine may include some content from TechRadar.
The release states that 'tech.' will give readers "a full range of opinion in one bite-size chunk".
The iPad title, which will be interactive, will launch a week today (29 November) and will be priced at £0.69 for a single issue or £19.99 for an annual subscription.
It will be available via Apple's Newsstand, which has become a new revenue stream for Future since the launch of the digital newsstand in October 2011.
The publisher, which has found great success on Newsstand, reported digital sales via Newsstand of more than £5 million 11 months after launch.
Mike Goldsmith, editor-in-chief, digital editions at Future Publishing, will be speaking at news:rewired, Journalism.co.uk's digital journalism conference, on 6 December. See the agenda for details and tickets.
Free daily newsletter
- App for journalists: Storyo, for turning your photos into multimedia stories
- Why storytelling ‘is still everything', despite new journalism tools
- Tip: Try out these 5 productivity apps to help you stay focused
- App for journalists: Lightt, for filming and editing mobile video
- 3 tools for licensing and copyrighting photographs