In this week’s podcast, we speak to Jessica Best, operations lead and engagement editor, The Correspondent.
After a successful $2.5m crowdfunding campaign, the Dutch publication De Correspondent is now launching its English-language version, The Correspondent, promising to be an antidote to breaking news.
Given that this is the publisher's second successful crowdfunding campaign, they may know a thing or two about sustainable journalism, interacting with audiences, and building a true sense of community.
So how did the team manage to convince the readers to chip in? And what are the dos and don'ts of crowdfunding? Listen to find out.
Free daily newsletter
- New campaign calls for a genuine commitment to diversify UK newsrooms
- How to finance public interest news in the misinformation world
- 'Platforms should pay for news' a peer committee says
- PressPad launches £15k crowdfunding campaign in response to covid-19 hardships
- UK publisher GRV Media just had its best quarter ever despite the pandemic