In this week’s podcast, we speak to Jessica Best, operations lead and engagement editor, The Correspondent.
After a successful $2.5m crowdfunding campaign, the Dutch publication De Correspondent is now launching its English-language version, The Correspondent, promising to be an antidote to breaking news.
Given that this is the publisher's second successful crowdfunding campaign, they may know a thing or two about sustainable journalism, interacting with audiences, and building a true sense of community.
So how did the team manage to convince the readers to chip in? And what are the dos and don'ts of crowdfunding? Listen to find out.
Free daily newsletter
- Reporting on race and religion: wise up and get out of your comfort zone
- Finding solutions to local issues: how SoJo stories saved French regional publisher from collapse
- Solutions-focused journalism can improve news audiences' mental health
- Engaged Journalism Accelerator funds eight more community journalism projects
- City Bureau empowers citizens and bolsters local reporting with new tools