In this week’s podcast, we speak to Jessica Best, operations lead and engagement editor, The Correspondent.
After a successful $2.5m crowdfunding campaign, the Dutch publication De Correspondent is now launching its English-language version, The Correspondent, promising to be an antidote to breaking news.
Given that this is the publisher's second successful crowdfunding campaign, they may know a thing or two about sustainable journalism, interacting with audiences, and building a true sense of community.
So how did the team manage to convince the readers to chip in? And what are the dos and don'ts of crowdfunding? Listen to find out.
Free daily newsletter
- Bureau of Investigative Journalism fundraises to take the UK Government to court over Russian Report
- Save Journalism Project launches fundraiser to pay laid-off US reporters $2-a-word to write about media job cuts
- How four European publishers experiment with new tools to grow their audience
- HuffPost UK launches two new sections that will pay contributors
- Investigative journalism startup uses mobile gaming to finance its future