In-house training coursesJournalism.co.uk offers in-house training in a range of digital journalism skills, from social media and data visualisations to search engine optimisation and more.
We pride ourselves in our tailored approach to training, using tutors that are the very best in their areas of expertise. All of our trainers are working journalists or news industry professionals.
As well as providing in-house training for national news titles, Journalism.co.uk has arranged courses for charities, quangos and education providers.
We can arrange a training package to suit any requirements, with courses tailored to the needs of your business and the skill levels of your staff.
A one-day course for up to 10 people costs from £1,500 (+VAT). The price includes a follow-up session to the original course, and venues can be organised for an additional cost.
To discuss in-house training, please contact Oliver Kingston on 01273 622990 or email him at oliver[at]journalism.co.uk.
See below for a sample of the in-house courses we offer. However, if the training you required is not listed please contact us for more information.
Journalism.co.uk also runs a range of open training courses.
Our in-house training courses include:Social media
- Master the art of liveblogging
- Searching social media and verification
- Handling eyewitness media: etiquette, ethics and the law
- Effective presentation visuals
- Online sub-editing
- Interviewing skills
- 10 ways to improve your visual content marketing
- Brand storytelling masterclass
- Making podcasts and audio packages
- Better blogging
- Digital storytelling: How brands can power imaginative content [NEW]
- Finding stories in data: Intermediate Excel skills for digging deeper
- Audience engagement and managing communities
- Sourcing and handling user-generated content [NEW]
- Online media law refresher
- Search engine optimisation for journalists
- Analytics for journalists: Measuring success with metrics
- Press release writing
- Online content strategy for journalists
- Storytelling with infographics
Clients and testimonials
One of our previous in-house clients is Top Right (EMAP), for which we delivered a tailor-made digital training package to journalists and editors from five titles.
The courses focused on: data journalism, real-time reporting, understanding company financials, and user experience, plus we organised an 'away day' for editors.
Here's what Top Right said:
"Journalism.co.uk supported the Top Right Group L&D team with designing a multi-channel development programme for EMAP’s content team.
The advice, ideas and help with sourcing the expertise played an integral part to ensuring this programme was a success."
We organised a tailor-made course in data visualisations for a government regulator.
The learning and development advisor said:
"Attendees commented on how inspiring they found the course and that it has helped them think more creatively about how they present data."
Freelancers for hire
- Advertise here: Contact
- Clare Shearwood 01273 384923