Star PM will be available for download at 3.30pm every weekday from September 5, with a final update at 4.15pm.
The free eight-page paper will be available as an A4 PDF, for ease of printing, and will cover the traditional elements of breaking news, sports, and features from Canada's largest daily newspaper.
Four additional special-interest pages will also be available for download, focusing on sports, people, lifestyle and youth culture.
Star PM seems to be similar to the Guardian's G24. In June, the Guardian became the first major UK newspaper to launch an afternoon downloadable edition.
G24 is five PDF sheets that are updated every 15 minutes throughout the day and can also be printed by readers.
Free daily newsletter
- Five lessons from the Guardian's membership strategy, three years on
- Newsrewired podcast: Memberships and alternative business models to support local democracy
- Throwback Thursday: Relaunching for 'web 3.0' and expanding interactivity
- Reuters Institute report highlights UK readers' behaviours on desktop when news breaks, and the 3 news brands that come on top
- Discourse Media plans in-depth reporting on six key issues in Canada with new beat structure