It will offer an overview of video equipment and how to get professional results, regardless of your budget.
You will also get hands-on lessons in how to shoot professional footage on both lightweight digital cameras and your own smartphones, and edit the footage in Final Cut Pro X.
Most of all, you'll discover how to find stories for video, how to tell them in the most visual way and craft a compelling narrative, using advanced storytelling techniques.
What will the course cover?
- A high speed introduction to all the technical stuff that usually takes months to find out, including a rundown of the various file types, codecs and frame rates, and how to choose the best one for your project.
- A behind the scenes look at how to create compelling non-fiction narratives in video, through examples and study of narrative structure.
- A step-by-step workflow for setting up stories, getting professional shots (regardless of your equipment) and how to edit them effectively.
- How to shoot video the right way, including how to set up interviews, using the environment to your best advantage, without having to worry about big lighting set ups.
- The secrets of visual storytelling and how to shoot professional scenes, sequences and b-roll in different situations.
- How to editing a basic film together using industry standard software.
- How to make the most of your new skills, improve the quality of your films and make the most of a fast growing area of online publishing.
What do I need to bring?
- You will need to bring a smartphone to attend this course