In the past few years a number of projects have cropped up which are trying to use crowdfunding as one mean to finance individual journalism pitches as well as journalism-related companies.
In this week's podcast we speak to those who have 'been there, done that, got the t-shirt' when it comes to crowdsourcing revenues and can share the lessons learned along the way, as well as hearing from those taking their first steps on this path.
Interviewees included in the podcast are:
- David Cohn, founder, Spot.Us
- Bobbie Johnson, co-founder, Matter
- Henry Peirse, founder and CEO, GRN
- Karim Ben Khelifa, co-founder and CEO, Emphas.is
- Rachel Howells, director, Local News South Wales/Port Talbot MagNet
Journalism.co.uk has also reported on Port Talbot's crowdfunding ventures with Pitch-in! at this link.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.
Free daily newsletter
- How can we improve LGBTQ+ diversity in journalism?
- Sustainable newsroom: relevance and trust are key for successful crowdfunding
- Dos and don'ts of audience engagement
- Finding solutions to local issues: how SoJo stories saved French regional publisher from collapse
- Solutions-focused journalism can improve news audiences' mental health