In the past few years a number of projects have cropped up which are trying to use crowdfunding as one mean to finance individual journalism pitches as well as journalism-related companies.
In this week's podcast we speak to those who have 'been there, done that, got the t-shirt' when it comes to crowdsourcing revenues and can share the lessons learned along the way, as well as hearing from those taking their first steps on this path.
Interviewees included in the podcast are:
- David Cohn, founder, Spot.Us
- Bobbie Johnson, co-founder, Matter
- Henry Peirse, founder and CEO, GRN
- Karim Ben Khelifa, co-founder and CEO, Emphas.is
- Rachel Howells, director, Local News South Wales/Port Talbot MagNet
Journalism.co.uk has also reported on Port Talbot's crowdfunding ventures with Pitch-in! at this link.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.
Free daily newsletter
- How to launch your podcast on a shoestring budget
- Pilot placement scheme to help BAME journalists break into radio and podcast
- 2019 Reuters Digital News Report finds that trust in the media continues to fall
- Report: how can publishers benefit from the podcast boom?
- Meet The Sista Collective - podcast made by and for Black British women