Women's issues have always been on the agenda at The Daily Vox, but this month the team of journalists at the South African news organisation are putting a particular focus on stories about sexual violence on public transport.
Sexual abuse and violence are a serious problem in the country, so after a series of incidents including rape and death taking place over the last three months, The Daily Vox chose to run stories about this issue to raise awareness and help look for solutions.
The Daily Vox has partnered with Soul City, a social justice organisation that focuses on young women and girls and the communities they live in, and will be producing Instagram stories, Facebook Lives, written features, videos and podcasts to cover the issues that this topic raises.
This week's guests are:
Benazir Cassim, acting managing editor, The Daily Vox
Faranaaz Parker, writing coach, The Daily Vox
Free daily newsletter
- BuzzFeed game highlights the difficulties of travelling as a wheelchair user
- The Daily Vox is using Instagram to tell the story of Ramadan
- The Daily Vox launches initiative to find solutions to sexual violence in South Africa
- The Guardian is reaching new audiences on Facebook with video series for people who dip in and out of news
- How CNN is investing in digital video that 'goes deeper' into the story